Nowadays, a lot of people spend a significant amount of their time in the gym. Some focus on heavy weight lifting to gain a bodybuilder’s physique, while some workout to lose weight or gain stamina. Whatever you’re doing, hats off to you because this journey takes commitment and consistent hard work.
However, you should know that it won’t be as beneficial as you want it to be unless you start focusing on your diet. I started working out without a specific plan, though I did begin to develop a good physique, every day I felt weaker and weaker. I consulted a doctor and found out that my daily diet was not enough for the amount of exercise I was doing.
It turns out if you don’t have a healthy diet, a workout will make you weak internally. Rather than starving yourself, below is a meal plan that I followed, coupled with a regular exercise routine, to shred a few extra pounds.
Whether your goal is to lose belly fat, or those stubborn love handles over time, I believe this simple plan can help get you started on the right foot towards achieving that great physique you deserve!
-Your Weekly Meal Plan-
- Breakfast: A slice of brown bread with avocado and a cup of black tea.
- Lunch: Two hard-boiled eggs with a bowl of fruit
- Snack: A handful of almonds
- Dinner: A chicken fillet, appropriately diced and marinated in yogurt, green chili, salt and pepper then cooked on a low flame. (If you don’t have a non-stick pan, then you should purchase a set of non-stick cookware as it is essential for preparing the meals in this diet.)
- Breakfast: Two hard-boiled eggs with a cup of black coffee (No sugar or artificial sweetener)
- Lunch: A piece of grilled chicken fillet sandwich (Use brown bread and a non-stick grill) and one apple
- Snack: 5-6 walnuts and a cup of black coffee
- Dinner: 150g of red meat (You can barbeque it, or boil it according to preference), a bowl of apples, pears, and carrots
- Breakfast: Two slices of brown bread, a cucumber, and pear.
- Lunch: 90g of boiled red meat with a bowl of chickpeas (Add half an onion, tomato, some green chilies, a pinch of salt and lemon for the dressing)
- Snack: A cup of black coffee
- Dinner: A piece of smoked salmon fillet, marinate it with salt and pepper (Try to get fresh fish from the fish market rather than canned food)
- Breakfast: A cup of black coffee and two slices of brown bread
- Lunch: A bowl of smoked chicken and green vegetables
- Snack: A glass of fresh apple juice without sugar or artificial sweetener
- Dinner: A piece of barbequed chicken (Without any processed sauce)
- Breakfast: A cup of black coffee
- Lunch: Two hard-boiled eggs and a grilled chicken sandwich (Use brown bread)
- Snack: A handful of nuts
- Dinner: A red meat steak with salt and pepper seasoning
Follow this diet plan for two weeks and see the difference. Another thing that you have to keep in mind is that you have to drink at least 15-18 glasses of water per day.
Apart from that, remember to drink this magic concoction at least once a day; half a glass of water, a teaspoon of turmeric, one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a spoonful of lemon juice. Try drinking it before you go to sleep, it will keep the metabolic process on alert and will ensure that you are burning fat, even while you’re asleep.
If you maintain your workout routine along with the diet plan, you will most likely see a visible difference in just two weeks. Remember that different people will lose a different amount of weight; this is not a competition; you need to keep a record of the weight that you lose and stay consistent in your efforts.
If you follow the above-mentioned plan, you can get that perfect body without making unnecessary sacrifices. Remember that if you eat healthily, even less amount of exercise can make a great difference.
However, before you get started, you should consult your doctor or nutritionist. While this is a widely used plan, everybody has different needs. Once you get a go sign from your doctor, you can start the diet and experience its wondrous effects.
This post is written by Line Arias who has been working as a nutritionist for ten years now. She recently collaborated with health and fitness spa, NYC, and since then, she has been working on weight loss’ meal prep plans.