Achieving a healthy look naturally doesn’t have to be as complicated as you may think.
There is a huge misconception out there regarding what you should and shouldn’t use in order to have healthy skin and hair. So if you think that you need fancy products in order to get that look you desire, think again…
In this article, we will be looking at the health benefits of vitamin E oil, and how it can start work for you.
What Is Vitamin E Oil?
Vitamin E is not a single vitamin, but a group of vitamins that are dissolved in fat cells. It contains powerful antioxidants which help to fight free radicals and cells that are dangerous to the body.
Vitamin E oil can be extracted from food sources containing sufficient amounts of the vitamin (E).
Food sources that are rich in vitamin E include:
- Vegetable oil
- Olive Oil
- Wheat Germ
When vitamin E is extracted and converted into an oil, it can be applied to your body, allowing you to take advantage of its health benefits. Another way people use vitamin E oil is for treating and restoring hair, skin, and nails.
When these oils are extracted they can be very potent. The level of potency usually depends on who manufactures or produces the formula. It is also very common to see vitamin E oil mixed with other quality oils such as job-joba oil, coconut oil, or argan oil, in order to help reduce its potency and provide additional benefits.
Who Should Use Vitamin E Oil?
If you are all about nature and using natural remedies over products that contain chemicals, then Vitamin E oils can serve as a much healthier alternative. Complicated skin and hair products can also be very expensive compared to good quality Vitamin E Oil, and can often provide just as good of a result.
However, if you are already using skin or hair products that are working, then you can blend vitamin E oil to whatever products you are currently using, for even greater benefits. You can even add the oil to your favorite body lotion, shampoo or conditioner for a boost of vitamin E.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Vitamin E Oil For Skin?
Prevents Signs Of Aging
Your skin is constantly exposed to many environmental factors that can affect the look and overall health of your skin. These can include; air pollution, smoke, and UV light. All of these can harm your skins DNA, as well as collagen, therefore resulting in wrinkles, fine lines, and pale looking skin.
Vitamin E oil can help counter and even sometimes reverse these effects by fighting off free radicals and restoring skin cells. The nutrients found in vitamin E oil can also help restore the collagen in the skin, which is essential for maintaining a strong cell structure.
Helps Keep Your Skin Hydrated
Vitamin Oil can help hydrate your skin, which in return will make it feel soft and smooth. Keeping your skin hydrated can also help maintain a proper pH balance, which is vital for fighting infection, bacteria, as well as other forms of environmental stress.
Protects Your Skin From The Sun
It is no secret that UVB and UVA light from the sun is the seeker and destroyer of young and youthful-looking skin. These rays can damage the deeper dermis layer and surface of your skin. As your skin becomes weaker over time, the risk of skin cancer increases when exposed to direct sunlight.
Vitamin E combined with vitamin C helps absorb radiation caused by the suns rays and can help boost your skins SPF (sun protection factor). This can ultimately help prevent skin damage and lowers the risk of skin cancer.
Corrects Brown Spots And Dark Circles
Over time, the skin under our eyes will get thinner and more pale as we age. Exposure to the sun and the environment can also break down skin collagen, which exposes blood vessels that are underneath our eyes to appear. This is often what causes dark circles under our eyes to become more apparent.
Vitamin E oil and popular products such as Korean eye cream can help restore collagen and protect the skin under your eyes while keeping them hydrated. Additionally, vitamin E oil will help fight free radicals that destroy skin cells, while protecting your skin from further damage.
Reduces Itchy Skin
Vitamin E oil won’t stop itching caused by skin reactions or infections. They can, however, prevent and reduce itchiness from dry skin.
Conclusively, vitamin E oil is a great alternative for people who simply want to stay away from prescription medication, and want to use natural methods for reducing itchy skin.
Does Vitamin E Oil Help Treat Scars And Stretch Marks?
It is believed that vitamin E oil helps reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks. However, According to healthline.com, there is not enough scientific evidence proving that these oils can in-fact reduce the appearance of any scarring.
Sorry guys and gals!
What Are The Benefits Of Using Vitamin E Oil On Your Hair?
Supports A Healthy Scalp
Vitamin E oil contains many antioxidant properties which help reduce oxidative stress in the scalp, therefore preventing pores and hair follicles from becoming damaged.
Using vitamin E oil mixed with shampoo or hair products that you are currently using when showing in warm water will help open up the pores of your scalp, which help absorb the vitamin E oil. As a result, you end up with a healthy scalp over time of consistent use.
Promotes Hair Growth
A study in 2010 concluded that supplementation using vitamins E can effectively promote hair growth, even in people who suffer from hair loss.
The study involved 8 male and female volunteers ranging from the ages 18 – 60, where hair loss was present for more than 2 months. At the end of the experiment, all the participants showed significant improvement in hair growth of up to 50%.
Vitamin E oil has shown to also improve blood circulation in the scalp, which also helps promote hair growth.
One of the best ways to increase blood flow is massaging your scalp after adding vitamin E oil. You can go see a specialist, or you can purchase your own scalp massager which you can use from the comfort of your home.
Improves The Shine And Overall Look Of Your Hair
When hair is dry or damaged, it can look dead and frizzy.
When you apply vitamin E oil to your scalp and hair, it will help keep it hydrated and create a protective barrier that will help prevent breakage, as well as improve its overall strength. As a result, the overall health and look will improve.
How To Use Vitamin E Oil On Your Skin And Hair?
How To Apply Vitamin E Oil On Your Skin
There is a difference in how to use vitamin E oil on your skin. Your face is much more sensitive, thus needing more care when applying your oil.
Here are some easy to follow guidelines when applying vitamin E oil to your skin:
On Your Face
1. Wash your face and remove any makeup, skin products or oils using a cleanser of your choice. Then rinse with lukewarm water and pat to dry using a face towel.
2. If you are using pure vitamin E oil it can often be too potent for your skin. This is why I recommend mixing it with another oil such as joba-joba oil, coconut oil, or another natural oil of your choice. You can also mix the vitamin E oil with a moisturizer or face cream. You can use 1 – 2 small drops the size of a pea.
3. Apply the blended solution by applying a small dab above, under and to the sides of your eyes, including your forehead, cheeks, nose, jawline, and chin. Then spread the formula gently using small circular motions with two fingers. It is important that you do not press too hard when doing this. Let your skin absorb the formula, and you’re done!
On Your Body
1. When you are finished taking a shower or bath, dry off, and take a drop or two of the vitamin E oil and blend it with your body lotion or cream in your palms.
2. Apply the solution by spreading it throughout your legs, arms, upper body and shoulders. Wait until your skin absorbs the oil, and you’re done!
Again, make sure you do not rub too hard as this will not make any difference in terms of how fast your skin will absorb the oil. Remember, slow and steady wins the race!
How To Apply Vitamin E Oil To Your Hair
There are two ways you can apply vitamin E oil to your hair; While bathing, or after. Using it during the shower is most effective. This is because the pores on your scalp open up more when made contact with warm water.
Here is how to apply vitamin E oil when showering, or on dry hair.
1. When you’re in the shower, simply apply 2-3 pea-size drops of the oil to either your shampoo or conditioner. Mix it evenly together in the palm of your hand.
2. Apply by massaging your head using even pressure with your fingers. This will allow the vitamin E oil to make contact with your scalp and hair follicles.
3. Rinse your hair and you’re done!
4. (Optional) – After you finish showering, you can take a little bit of vitamin E oil and spread it evenly along your hands. Then, run your fingers through your damp hair with the oil. This is a good tip if you tend to have frizzy or dry looking hair after blow-drying it
On Dry Hair
1. Put some vitamin E oil on your hand and run your hands together, spreading the oil. Make sure you get it in between your fingers. Do this fast if your oil tends to dry quickly.
2. Run your fingers lightly through your hair going from your scalp to your tips.
Vitamin E oil can be a fantastic alternative to using chemicals, prescriptions and expensive products. It can not only improve the look of your skin and hair, but can prevent and protect them from further damage.
Conclusively, vitamin E oil an effective and inexpensive way to look better naturally!
Although continuous studies are being made, learning about the health benefits of vitamin E oil has surely taught consumers as well as researchers to not underestimate its potential!
Eunice’s journey started when she began dancing at a young age. She understood that it takes both a healthy mind and body in order to perform at her maximum potential. Now, she stands side by side along her husband Daniel to help others feel, look and become the best versions of themselves.