For years, cinnamon and honey have been used as a natural way to lose weight, but does this popular home remedy really work? Or is it just another false claim?
Surprisingly enough, it has been proven effective time and time again. Cinnamon and honey is a simple and quick recipe that you can add to any diet!
Here, we will explore the benefits of cinnamon and honey, and how this easy mixture can help you achieve better weight loss results.
Here are some main point’s we will be covering:
Points We Will Be Covering
- Can Cinnamon, Honey, And Lemon Really Help You Lose Weight?
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Cinnamon, Honey And Lemon?
- The Science Behind The Formula
- How Much Cinnamon, Honey And Lemon Do You Need To Lose Weight?
- 2 Simple Cinnamon And Honey Mixture Recipes For Weight-Loss
- When To Consume Cinnamon And Honey For Weight Loss?
- What Kind Of Results Can You Expect?
Can Cinnamon, Honey, And Lemon Really Help You Lose Weight?
Absolutely! but it doesn’t work like you may think!
Cinnamon, honey, and lemon can help you lose weight. However, all three do not eat away fat directly. Instead, they help stabilize blood sugar levels, boosts healthy digestion and helps to reduce appetite.
Let’s go over some of the benefits of each so you understand.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Cinnamon, Honey And Lemon?
Benefits Of Cinnamon
- High quantities of fiber found in cinnamon will help you feel more full for longer. This helps to reduce the urge to keep eating when its unnecessary, even while you are full.
- Cinnamon also helps to properly regulate blood sugar levels (glucose) and helps lower LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol), which also helps prevent the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Antioxidants found in cinnamon help your body fight against free radicals and help you maintain a healthy immune system.
- Helps clean out and bacteria, fungi and parasites in your body.
Benefits Of Honey
- Synthetic sugar’s converts to fat after it is metabolised, therefore resulting in weight gain. Honey contains natural sugar, andserves as a healthier alternative if you have a sweet tooth.
- Contains dozens of vitamins and nutrients which helps increase your bodies natural energy levels.
- Boosts metabolism, which is responsible for converting food to energy, therefore allowing your body to burn fat more effectively.
- Helps to reduce food cravings naturally.
Benefits Of Adding Lemon
- Like honey, lemon also helps to boost your metabolism.
- Helps to suppress cravings organically, allowing you to eat without feeling hungry later.
- Contains high levels of vitamin C and potassium, which is essential in preventing heart disease.
How They All Work Together, For You!
The combined benefits of cinnamon, honey, and lemon work together in helping you reduce cravings while supporting better digestion and metabolism.
A study we found, also shows that cinnamon and honey has the ability to activate your bodies natural ability to produce heat. This process is called thermogenesis. Your bodies ability to generate heat naturally can not only help you burn more calories, but can help your body burn fat in difficult areas such as your tummy and love handles.
In addition, the mixture can help your bodies performance, and can help to reduce the risk of life threatening diseases, including diabetes and cardiovascular disease which are both linked to weight-gain.
How Much Cinnamon, Honey And Lemon Do You Need To Lose Weight?
Recommended Quantity Of Honey, Cinnamon And Lemon For Weight loss
When it comes to losing weight with cinnamon, honey and lemon, more isn’t necessarily the answer. Below, we listed the minimum amounts of each in order to lose weight effectively:
How Much Honey?
Because honey still contains both natural sugars and calories, ingesting too much can actually result in you gaining weight.
There is a sweet spot when it comes to quantity. To avoid gaining weight, it is recommended to intake a maximum of 1 tablespoon of honey, no more than 3 times daily.
How Much Cinnamon?
It is recommended that you only use Ceylon Cinnamon (true Cinnamon), rather than Cassia Cinnamon (regular cinnamon). Cassia Cinnamon contains large volumes of coumarin, which can put you at risk of kidney and liver damage if taken consistently and/or in large quantities.
Cinnamon typically come in the form of cinnamon sticks, or in crushed from. 1 stick or 1 table spoon of cinnamon in your beverage is more than enough. You can also use the same stick of cinnamon for later if all of it doesn’t dissolve completely.
How Much Lemon?
Studies have shown that too much lemon can reduce bone strength due to high amounts of acidity. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), can also be a side effect from eating too many lemons due to the high levels of acid.
You can either cut 1 – 2 thin slices of lemon and put them in your beverage, or squeeze one table spoon of lemon juice. Remember, too much of anything is often bad for you.
2 Simple Honey And Cinnamon Mixture Recipes For Weight loss
Below are 2 quick and simple cinnamon and honey recipes that can do at home, that can help you start trimming that weight off!
- Bring the water to boil in a kettle
- Stir the honey, lemon and lemon juice together in a small cup or bowl.
- Mix the contents with the water until fully resolved
- Let it cool down, then enjoy!
2. Cinnamon Spice Black Tea
- 1 Ceylon Cinnamon Stick or Cinnamon powder
- 1 tea bag of your preferred flavor
- 8 Oz of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey to sweeten (optional)
- Place the ceylon cinnamon stick or powder into a teapot
- Bring water to a boil
- Add boiling water to the teapot and let it steep for 5-7 minutes
- Add you preferred tea and let sit for 2-3 minutes
- Add in the honey to sweeten (optional)
- Strain tea in your cup
- Let it cool down, and enjoy!
When To Consume Cinnamon And Honey For Weight Loss
Before Noon (AM)
You can consume cinnamon, honey and lemon as soon as you wake up, preferably 30 minutes before breakfast. This will allow your metabolism to get a sufficient boost which will last you throughout your lunch, and help you your body keep burning fat throughout noon.
Since you are using up more energy throughout the day, it is easy to convince yourself that you are hungrier than you really are.
Taking a dose of your cinnamon and honey lemon drink in between meals will reduce your cravings. This will help you avoid excessive snacking throughout the day.
In The Evening
The worst time of the day to be eating more than you should is in the evening right before bed. Because you are not using as much energy when sleeping, your body will burn a lot fewer calories, therefore resulting in weight-gain.
Taking your cinnamon, honey and lemon drink in the evening will allow your digestive system to reset while you sleep. It will also help keep you full so you aren’t tempted to raid the fridge or pantry at night.
If you want to go the extra mile, try drinking your cinnamon and honey mixture 30-45 minutes before a workout. The mixture will help you get a sufficient boost of energy, which will help you get through your workout more effectively.
What Kind Of Results You Can Expect?
Results will differ depending on your metabolism, nutrition, medical conditions, and your overall lifestyle.
Many who stick to a proper diet plan, exercise regularly, and get proper sleep, can experience weight-loss averaging anywhere between 5 to 15 pounds in as little as 1 month.
Remember that your body different and unique in its own way, and there are many factors that will determine how much weight you may lose when drinking cinnamon, honey, and lemon.
The best suggestion I have for you is to simply start and track your results over a 30 day trial period. Results will come with consistency and patience.
So will cinnamon and honey help you in your journey to weight loss?
We shared the our knowledge around this popular weight-loss secret, now it’s up to you to determine whether or not it will work for you.
This classic remedy is still very popular, and for good reason. The success rate of this formula has been positive, given the research, which makes the probability of losing-weight with cinnamon, honey and lemon pretty high.
Don’t forget to prioritize healthy lifestyle habits such as proper sleep, diet, exercise when including cinnamon and honey as part of your routine. This will help maximize your results and will make it worth the effort.
And remember…weight loss only works if you do!
Eunice’s journey started when she began dancing at a young age. She understood that it takes both a healthy mind and body in order to perform at her maximum potential. Now, she stands side by side along her husband Daniel to help others feel, look and become the best versions of themselves.