For years, cinnamon and honey have been used as a natural way to lose weight, but does this popular home remedy really work? Or is it just another false claim?
Surprisingly enough, it has been proven effective time and time again. This natural method is simple and quick, making recipe a great add on to any diet.
We will explore the benefits of cinnamon and honey, and how this easy mixture can help you achieve better weight loss results.
Here are some main point’s we will be covering:
Points We Will Be Covering
- Can Cinnamon, Honey, And Lemon Really Help You Lose Weight?
- What Are The Benefits Of Using Cinnamon, Honey And Lemon?
- The Science Behind The Formula
- How Much Cinnamon, Honey And Lemon Do You Need To Lose Weight?
- 2 Simple Cinnamon And Honey Mixture Recipes For Weight-Loss
- When To Consume Cinnamon And Honey For Weight Loss?
- What Kind Of Results Can You Expect?
Can Cinnamon, Honey, And Lemon Really Help You Lose Weight?
Absolutely! but it doesn’t work as you might think.
Cinnamon, honey, and lemon can help you lose weight. However, all three do not eat away fat directly. Instead, they help stabilize blood sugar levels, boosts healthy digestion as well as reducing appetite.
Let’s go over some of the benefits of each so you understand.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Cinnamon, Honey And Lemon?
Benefits Of Cinnamon
- High quantities of fiber found in cinnamon help you feel more full for longer, which reduces the urge to continuously keep eating, even when you are full.
- Cinnamon also helps to properly regulate blood sugar levels (glucose) and helps lower cholesterol, which helps prevent the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Antioxidants found in cinnamon help your body fight against diseases and free radicals while maintaining a healthy immune system.
- Helps clean out and bacteria, fungi and parasites in your body.
Benefits Of Honey
- Honey is a perfect substitute for white sugar, which converts to fat after it is metabolised, therefore resulting in weight gain.
- Contains dozens of vitamins and nutrients which helps increase your bodies energy levels.
- Boosts metabolism, which is responsible for converting food to energy, allowing your body to burn fat effectively.
- Helps to lessen food cravings naturally.
Benefits Of Adding Lemon
- Like honey, lemon also helps to boost your metabolism.
- Suppresses cravings organically, allowing you to eat your budgeted quantity of food without feeling hungry later.
- Contains high levels of vitamin C and potassium, which helps prevent heart disease, stroke and heart disease.
The Science Behind The Formulla
The combined benefits of cinnamon, honey, and lemon, work together in helping you reduce cravings while supporting better digestion, and metabolism.
In addition, they help your bodies performance, and help to reduce the risk of life threatening diseases such as diabetes, and cardiovascular disease, which can ultimately lead to weight gain.
How Much Cinnamon, Honey And Lemon Do You Need To Lose Weight?
Recommended Quantity Of Honey, Cinnamon And Lemon For Weight loss
When it comes to losing weight with this popular home remedy, more isn’t necessarily the answer.
How Much Honey?
Because honey still contains both natural sugars and calories, ingesting too much can actually lead to weight gain.
There is a sweet spot when it comes to quantity. To avoid gaining weight, it is recommended to intake a maximum of 1 tablespoon of honey, no more than 3 times daily.
How Much Cinnamon?
Cassia Cinnamon contains large volumes of coumarin, which can put you at risk of kidney and liver damage if taken consistently and/or in large quantities.
How Much Lemon?
Studies have shown that too much lemon can reduce bone strength due to high amounts of acidity.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD), can also be a side effect from eating too many lemons due to the high levels of acid.
Remember, too much of anything is often bad for you.
2 Simple Honey And Cinnamon Mixture Recipes For Weight loss
Below are 2 quick and simple recipes that can do at home, so you can start taking that weight off:
- Bring the water to boil in a kettle
- Stir the honey, lemon and lemon juice together in a small cup or bowl.
- Mix the contents with the water until fully resolved
- Let it cool down, then enjoy!
2. Cinnamon Spice Black Tea
- 1 Ceylon Cinnamon Stick or Cinnamon powder
- 1 tea bag of your preferred flavor
- 8 Oz of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of honey to sweeten (optional)
- Place the ceylon cinnamon stick or powder into a teapot
- Bring water to a boil
- Add boiling water to the teapot and let it steep for 5-7 minutes
- Add you preferred tea and let sit for 2-3 minutes
- Add in the honey to sweeten (optional)
- Strain tea in your cup
- Let it cool down, and enjoy!
When To Consume Cinnamon And Honey For Weight Loss
Before Noon (AM)
Make sure you consume this natural weight-loss remedy as soon as you wake up, and 30 minutes before breakfast.
This will allow your metabolism to get a sufficient boost which will last during your lunch while burning fat throughout noon.
Since you are using up more energy throughout the day, it is easy to convince yourself that you are hungrier than you really are.
Taking a dose of your cinnamon and honey lemon drink in between meals will help you reduce your cravings. This will help you avoid excessive snacking throughout the day.
In The Evening
The worst time of the day to be eating more than you should be is in the evening, right before bed. Because you are not using as much energy when sleeping, your body will burn a lot fewer calories.
Taking your cinnamon, honey and lemon drink in the evening will allow your digestive system to reset while you sleep. It will also help keep you full so you aren’t tempted to access the fridge, or pantry in the evenings.
If you want to go the extra mile, try drinking your cinnamon and honey mixture 30-45 minutes before a workout.
The cinnamon and honey mixture will help you get a sufficient boost of sufficient energy, which will help you get through your workout more effectively.
What Kind Of Results You Can Expect?
Results will differ depending on your metabolism, nutrition, medical conditions, and your overall lifestyle.
Many who stick to a proper diet plan, regular exercise, and proper sleep, experience losing anywhere between 5 to 15 pounds in as little as 1 month.
Remember that everyone is different and unique in their own way, and several factors will determine how much weight you may lose when drinking cinnamon, honey, and lemon.
The best suggestion I have for you is to simply start, take action and track your results over a 30 day trial period. Results will come with consistency and patience.
So will cinnamon and honey help you in your journey to weight loss?
We shared the facts, now it’s up to you to determine whether or not it will work for you.
This classic remedy is still very popular, and for good reason. The success rate of this formula working is significantly high, making the probability of losing weight, almost a guarantee every time.
Don’t forget to prioritize healthy lifestyle habits such as proper sleep, diet, exercise when including cinnamon and honey as part of your routine. This will help maximize your results and will make it worth the effort.
And remember…weight loss only works if you do!
Eunice’s journey started when she began dancing at a young age. She understood that it takes both a healthy mind and body in order to perform at her maximum potential. Now, she stands side by side along her husband Daniel to help others feel, look and become the best versions of themselves.